How To Program / Configure / Map AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller’s PADS Inside FL Studio and NanoStudio music production and creation software plus playing demonstration?
AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller PADS Programming In FL Studio & NanoStudio – Note Mapping & Playing Demo Tutorial
How to make AKAI LPD8 Pads + Knobs MIDI Controller work in NanoStudio or FL Studio?
00:09 AKAI LPD8 Editor software installation
00:57 AKAI LPD8 Editor software quick overview
01:28 AKAI LPD8 & NanoStudio TRG Sampler Programming / MIDI Mapping
04:41 AKAI LPD8 & NanoStudio – LIVE Playing Demo
07:29 AKAI LPD8 & FL Studio FPC Sampler Module Programming / MIDI Mapping
NanoStudio TRG Sampler Instrument
FL Studio FPC Sample Player Instrument
How To Install and Use Akai LPD8 Editor on Mac OSX
We don’t use Mac, but it the procedure shouldn’t be hard* :
- Download Akai LPD8 Editor for Mac and install it:
- Unzip downloaded .zip archive
- Double-click .dmg file
- Drag app file into /Applications
- Connect Akai LPD8 via USB cable
- Open FL Studio and enable LPD8 MIDI controller in Settings
That should do it! Of course, you can later reprogram it, just as I did in this video. You don’t need step 1 in order to use it, Akai LPD8 is instantly recognized, however, you need LPD8 Editor later if you wish to reprogram pads and knob controllers.
* Note: In Akai LPD8 manual it is stated that you simply connect Akai LPD8 via USB first and then double-click .dmg first. We can’t confirm if there is any practical difference, so give it a try.
AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller Presets Download
Here are 4 presets created in the video above which you can download for your convenience: